We can all agree that the background music used on TV shows play a major role in creating more impact and effect on the scene or story being told. With that said, there are obviously a few songs here and there that affect some people more than others. It’s all a matter of perception and which songs attract your ears or which scene speaks to you. Here are a few songs (not the theme songs) that never fail to create memories of shows whenever I listen to them:
- ‘If I Had A Gun’ by Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds from Season 9 of One Tree Hill
- ‘When the Stars Go Blue’ by Bethany Joy Lenz & Tyler Hilton because really this is a part of One Tree Hill history. Whenever this song comes up, it brings me back to the early days of Karen’s Cafe.
- ‘How To Save a Life’ by The Fray for Grey’s Anatomy. People can argue that the GA song is Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol because it was a big part of the musical episode. But nope, How to Save a Life is my GA song because they used it in commercial breaks to depict the ever so legendary episode where Izzie pulls out Denny’s L-VAD wire.
- ‘You Got What I Need’ by Joshua Radin for Grey’s Anatomy. Does everybody remember that episode with the boy who did ballet? And then he showed the doctors his skill to convince them to try harder to save his leg. I love that scene, it was so beautiful.
- ‘Twice’ by Little Dragon for Revenge
- ‘We Are Young’ by fun. for Chuck. They played in the last few episodes of the season before the show ended. And the song is already such a great song, but with the memory of Chuck attached to it, it’s better.
- ‘Cobrastyle’ by Teddybears because this song was like the anthem for every Chuck fighthing scene
- ‘Ghost in the Machine’ by B.o.B remind me of Chuck Bass from Gossip Girl
- ‘Young Folks’ by The Kooks which is iconic in the Gossip Girl universe
- ‘Slow’ by Grouplove brings me back to the 100th episode of Gossip Girl, the moment where Blair is about to marry Loui but she looks at Chuck to see if he’s going to oppose
Not a lot, but it’s different for everybody. Take a listen to any of those songs and see if it brings up any memories for you. Do share songs that spoke out to you while watching TV in the comments below as I would really love to hear them.