Hey Internetz! I miss talking to ya, it’s been so long – so soorryyy. May brings season finales, but it also drags intense (because I procrastinate a lot – what do you think i’m doing now?) exam weeks along with it.
Anyway, this random post exists because I cannot spam my twitter followers with what I’m going to proceed to type – they might think I’m crazy. I love One Tree Hill like so many fans out there. A day doesn’t go by where we don’t think about Tree Hill. Lots of things have ended this year, and we’re only 5 MONTHS in – it’s crazy.
Besides OTH, Chuck and Desperate Housewives have ended, and House is ending in a few days :'(. If you go beyond series finales, there’s also a slew of cancellations to the point where I even felt sad for shows I didn’t even watch before. All in all though, I am not going to apologize for feeling smug that Hart of Dixie & Nikita LIVE ON – sacrifices needed to be made (R.I.P. The Secret Circle and Ringer). Shows I did watch that unfortunately got the ‘falling axe of doom’ were The Finder and Alcatraz. Not really affected by the Alcatraz news to be honest. The plot was definitely thrilling, and the season finale had a good cliffhanger, but somewhere along the way I just lost interest. The show wasn’t bad, maybe it’s just not my genre. Regarding The Finder – that sucked. It was just your regular everyday show, nothing that great, but it was relaxing and there was every element of quirky attached to it.
Conclusion: just like humans, tv shows die – it’s the circle of life. One thing I refuse to get over is the cancellation of FlashForward – why network executives?? WHY?!
I’m ranting…and have lost track of the main point of the post. Without further a do, do you Remember that time…..:
- when Nathan and Lucas take a road trip to Charlotte and the cassette gets stuck in the stereo. Then at the end they start singing “Holiday. Holiday, it’s the best day, it’s an ice cream day. I’m only happy, when I have, Holiday holiday holiday holiday”
- when Brooke, pregnant Haley, and Quinn dress up as “superheroes”
- when Quinn makes POT BROWNIES!
- when Logan calls Quinn “mom” *singletear*
- when Quentin and Jamie dance to “In the Ayer”
- when Lucas sits in the airport and imagines his life with either Brooke, Peyton, or Lindsay
- when all the girls get trapped in the library while the game is going on
- when the Tree Hill Ravens win the championships and throughout all the chaos Lucas and Peyton kiss
- when Keith gets shot *alotoftears*
- when Chris Keller was there (every moment of him is awesome, duh)
- when Brooke and Julian got married :’)
- when Julian saved Brooke and Jamie from drowning
- when the car crashed off the bridge in the season 3 finale
- when Whitey and Keith would share a drink in his office (basically every moment when they were together in his office then)
- when Dan and Rachel were married! (ew)
- when Nathan stripped at the boytoy auction
- when Peyton and Brooke teamed up to take down PsychoDerek (girl power all the waaayyyy)
- when Millie debuts as a model with “ZERO IS NOT A SIZE”
- when Chase makes a bad drink (every time – love him!)
- when Brooke was a CLEAN TEEN!
- when Jamie competes in a race car competition
- when Mia asked the girls to pick her new album cover at Peyton’s baby shower
- when Brooke adopts a sick baby (isn’t she the best?)
- when Lucas and Peyton rode off into the sunset with their new baby (Y U NO STAY TILL SEASON 9?!!)
- when Nathan starts playing slamball (like…wuuttt?)
- when Lucas and Peyton divide the house into their own respective sides
- when all the girls dance to “Wannabe”
- when Mouth would be a commentator of the games at the Rivercourt
- when Jamie was the smartass kid with the best one-liners and the advice to solve all the adult problems
- when the gang takes a trip to that place which snows (thus resulting in a “snow day” montage)
- when Nathan and Haley first kissed
- when Clay proposed to Quinn with a Green Lantern ring
And that’s just off the top of my head! I have YET to complete my One Tree Hill marathon (currently at season 2), so stay tuned for more ‘why i love one tree hill’ memories 🙂
Tell me your favorite moments in the comments below!